Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ants are People Too! Oh, never mind...

Admittedly, this post has nothing to do with writing. Apologies.

Rather, I'd like to document (boast) about the lovely (back-breaking) time I had in my garden this afternoon. And the war I will soon be fighting (little mother effers!).

I LOVE my garden.
my garden
I love to watch things grow in my garden. And then eat them. Sounds kind of evil. Excellent. *presses fingers together dubiously*

So, today I created a brand spanking new plot.

brand spanking new plot
I filled this amorphous beauty with seeds for strawberries, watermelons, cabbage, tomatoes, tomatillos (not sure why this isn't an -oes like "tomatoes"--maybe 'cause it's Spanish?), and peppers. And some lettuce, but I don't really care about that.

So THEN (duh duh duhhhhh), I hauled my tired self over to the raised beds.

raised beds
You see, I have a bunch of little baby plants growing in my laundry/sun room that would really like to be planted in the dirt. I mean, they have little leaves and pretty much look like miniature versions of the full-grown plants. 

They're like, "Hey! Let us move out! We're ready."

And I'm like, "Yeah, sure, sounds great! Let me just go get the dirt ready for you, OK?"

So head over to the raised beds and begin turning the soil. What do I find?!?!?!?!?! (For emphasis. It's necessary!)
  
ANTS!


I hate them. I want them to die. Whoever thought making cute little movies about these disgustingly numerous creatures was insane. And an idiot. And now my enemy.

I shall now research the most effective means of battling the enemy (the ants, not the creator of the stupid movies). VICTORY TO THE HUMAN!

*Disclaimer: I love animals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment