Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oh the INSANITY...

To quote a semi-famous youtube child-star...


I'd been plodding along--okay it was more like toiling tirelessly--for the past several years working on various writing projects, dreaming about what my life my be like if I one day really did publish a book, and working for other people...to pay the bills (meh). Most nights, once my brain died, I would cook dinner for the hub, play with the confused cats, drink some wine, and read a bit of a book, watch a bit of a show, or play a bit of a video game. That was what filled my days for years, until...


LP and I published AFTER THE ENDING, and everything changed. Okay, maybe it was less of an all-at-once BLAM, and more like a tiny crack in a dam that stayed small for a couple weeks and suddenly expanded and then the BLAM happened. But that's not the point. 

While I still spend most of my time in my little farmhouse with the confused cats, and I still cook dinner for the hub (love that guy!), drink some wine, and once my brain turns to mush, read a bit of a book, watch a bit of a show, or play a bit of a video game, it's different. My world is different. This story that went from being an idea in my head to a two-hour car ride conversation with LP to a blog...finally became a finished, published book. That people are reading. Who I don't know. And the part that makes my want to cry with happiness...

Most of them like it. 


I mean, I love the book and the characters and the world, but other people--strangers--liking it? That's just...just...indescribable. Awesome. Amazing. Of course, I can't ignore the fact that not everyone who's read the book liked it. Some say "meh" and some say more than "meh"...which hurts, but the knowledge that After The Ending is entertaining the majority of readers WAY MORE than makes up for that. 

Anyway, this is my rambling way of saying, "I've been caught up in the whirlwind that is indie publishing, I'm not really sure what's going on, and I have no clue what happens next." In other words...

Is this real life?





4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see someone truly proud and rightfully excited over their work. I enjoyed every moment of your book and was disappointed I have to wait so long for the sequel. it is really very good and I'm a total stranger who can't wait to see what's next. I can see the characters in my head and want to know what's next. Hope you have a blast on your book tour, but start writing faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thank you so much! I'm working on book two right now... :)

      Delete
  2. Just finished the book and loved it! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for reading it :)

      Delete