Monday, September 23, 2013

Stargate SG-1...for the third time


I don't know how many of you are SG-1 fans, but I'll readily admit that it's one of my all-time favorite TV series...along with Buffy, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, and Torchwood, of course. It's no surprise, I'm sure, considering the common Egyptian undertones (or overtones in the case of the Echo Trilogy) my writing tends to share with the SG-1 series. Perhaps it was the lack of Egyptian influence that prevented me from becoming as emotionally invested in Stargate Atlantis or Stargate Universe. Regardless, I'm on my third re-watch of the entire SG-1 series, and I'm loving (almost) every minute of it.

I'm a little over halfway through the second season (of ten--it's a doozy) and some early episodes have a little too much cheese mixed with silly effects, but the characters and storylines are easily as good as I remember. I just finished watching "The Tok'ra: Part 2" (2.12) and couldn't resist commenting on how much I freaking love that episode. Anyone familiar with the series will understand why. I tend to see it as perfect example of building a story arc, and it makes me smile every time I watch it--though the crystal caverns are still a little silly.


Anyway, this is just a brief shout out to any other Stargate fans out there. What's your favorite episode? I, for one, am very excited about "The Fifth Race" (2.15) which is coming up soon in my re-watch.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen SG-1, but I can proudly say that I LOVE Supernatural! In fact, a series of unexplainable events happened the other day that I was convinced the Winchesters could help me get to the bottom of...Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those Winchesters...yeah, I'm a fangirl ;)

      Delete